Friday, January 16, 2009

Laura U welcomes 2009!

Once again the holidays have flown by and we find ourselves solidly in the middle of January. How this happens year after year I just don't know. But, we at Laura U have so many exciting things in the works for the New Year ... and they just keep coming!

I swept through the Dallas Market this week, shopping for clients and the Collection. Don't tell us we are in a recession because the Market was packed and all shoppers are excited for what 2009 promises.

I found some fantastic new pieces from the designer lines we currently offer and two new lines that I am counting the days to receive! Check out TRINA TURK for a peek at some of the fab pillows we are expecting. I also snapped up the cutest aprons you have ever seen from Peking Handicraft. These can't get here soon enough!



Another thing I absolutely adore about hanging out at Laura U everyday is that I get to spend tons of time with the best local art work in Houston. Allison Hunter's beautiful images are currently on display (you may have seen her work on the cover of 002 Mag last month). But they are not up for much longer! I am sad to see them go but we are sending them off in style with a Champagne Toast on January 22nd (6pm-8pm). Please plan to join us!

Check back for other big announcements like... Our SECOND anniversary and the launch of our NEW streamlined website!

2 comments:

Painted Groove Girl said...

what a horrible tease. I hope you don't wait to post as long as last time. And I can't wait to see what you found at Market.

I drove by the WTC last Saturday and realized "oh hey, market is going on...." I miss it.

GK's Etc. said...

I really enjoyed spending some time getting to know Laura U Collections and hope to find the time to stop by the shop so that I can get up close and personal with your stylings. Thanks for a very entertaining web site.